Sunday 1 March 2009

turn it off (or down)

I don't have an automatic setting for turning the heating in our apartment down and just the other day I realised I was a little too warm for comfort and that the heating had been on full blast still even though the snow has cleared up from two weeks ago.. have you turned your heating down? It could surprize you what you sometimes pay for without realising and the money you can save by turning the heating down a notch in the year. Which bring's me to something else that I realised I was wasting money through this winter- lack of effective draught excluders fitted in my home. Our heat was going out the window, under the front door.. through the letterbox! etc

So I made these babies to line the bottom of the two main doors of our house, and there was an instant definite improvement, I considered also inserting a rolled up towel or blanket in the letter box (that could easily be reinserted and pushed through when post come).. untill ofcourse I get the place done properly..

No comments:

Post a Comment